Making your clinic more environmentally friendly doesn’t have to be an arduous, time consuming task. There are some easy ways that can help improve your workplace without spending a fortune!
- Place some recycling stations throughout your admin and kitchen areas so staff can recycle all their unwanted paper & other recyclable materials.
- When replacing or upgrading any of your white goods, make sure that you select items that have a high energy efficiency rating.
- If you require any new furnishings, GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) certified products are recommended. For more information, go to geca.org.au.
- Install motion detector activated lighting in areas of your clinic that are only used sporadically e.g kitchen, amenities etc.
- Replace your old halogen down lights with energy efficient LEDs & the old fluorescent troffers with T5 troffers, which will in the long term save you $$ on your electricity bills too!
- Add a bit of greenery. Research shows that having a few live plants in the workplace can improve the air quality which is always an advantage especially within the healthcare sector